10) That I don’t shop on black Friday. Don’t know why anyone would put themselves through that pain when you can sleep in. I personally find all the commercialism disgraceful to the holidays that surround it. Sorry to start with a Grumpy cat moment.
9) Being stupid. If it wasn’t for my mistakes I’d have never learned. I’d be more of an idiot than I am now.
8) People who make me think. Whether these are professors, friends, authors etc… I am always glad to stretch my mind with new or different thoughts. People who simply give the basic answers that seem to simply be programmed into their beliefs or thought bore me. So the next time I ask you how you are feeling, tell me Squirrel! Or better yet, peanut butter.
7) Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Pie, PB & J, Reese’s cups, Peanut butter cookies, Peanut butter chicken, and anything else that has peanut butter in. I must give one “wag of the finger” to Dairy Queen. They discontinued the Reese’s Piece’s Blizzard. I can never forgive you.
6) Grace. Not just my Grandma. (Her name was Grace) The Grace of God and the grace from others when I mess up is something I could never say thank you enough for. It means so much to me that there are those that care so much.
5) My friends that are always there when I need you. Those who listen to me, do things for me, have my back, and put up with my …………… Ah there is so much I can put in that you put up with. I don’t know what I would do without you.
4) My cats. All 6 of them, Jack, Einstein, Spyder, Mao, Icky, and Rosie. Though they wake me up at all hours of the night, fight over my lap, cost me mega amounts of money, eat or lick everything plastic, they bring me so much love. How can you ever be angry when you have a cat curled up on your lap?
3) My family. Even though we fight, have disappointments, differences in opinions, etc… I still love you so much and care for you deeply. I may not be the favorite (inside joke) but that doesn’t matter. What matters is how special each and every one of you is to me.
2) My parents, who taught me so much and whom I am so like. The older I get the more I think how much I am like them. Especially like dad, corny jokes and all. They gave me love for kids, reading, learning, God, and family among other things. Without them I’d never have become the person that I am now. Love you so much Mom and Dad!
1) My wife. What can I say here? She has been such a support in our 10 ½ years of marriage. I’d be lost without her. Even though she has been through so much physically and mentally over the past few years she has always been there for me. She is the rattlesnake to my elephant. Don’t think anyone else could have put up with me the way she has. She certainly deserves a few Halos. Love you!
Honorable mention: My church family. I have not been attending for very long, but you make me feel loved. The Yankees, even though my wife is always glad when they are eliminated. My job, it is so much fun I can’t believe I get paid to work with those kids!
So what are you thankful for?