Everyone seems to make predictions about the coming year. Some get real specific about it and some don’t. We all look forward to a coming year because it is a new start. We can leave behind the pains of the past year and look forward to a fun and exciting year filled with promise. I don’t know if it is ever as good as we hoped it would be but that is just life. We often want more than what we can handle or really need. So let’s have a little FUN and predict a few things I know will happen this year.
So as I look into my crystal ball, here are my 10 predictions for the coming year.
1) Someone famous will pass away and we’ll all be sad. Happens every year. Nothing we can do about it. It will remind us of some past good times when we enjoyed their movie, TV show, or music. Even though it will make us sad, we will be happy in our memories. It will help us connect with others who also share the same feelings. We may even get out old videos of them or their music and watch or listen to them over and over just to take us out of our real lives just for a little while. Hey we might even sell their action figures and make money off it. That is the American way.
2) President Obama will not be impeached for a so called impeachable act that some people don’t like. If you really want some impeachable acts, look at our last president. And the one before him. And the one before him, and the one before him, and the one …. Ok, I think you get the picture. Almost every president we have had has done something that could have gotten him impeached. So if we wanted to drag the country through an impeachment and waste our money on that instead of on things that were important we could. Of course we don’t waste any money now do we? So, I guess whether you like him or not President Obama Is with us until January of 2017. Vote Hillary/Jeb 2016 or is it Jeb/Hillary?
3) Tuna. Tuna will be the big thing. McDonalds will offer the Tuna burger by mid August. Then McDonalds will close and other fast food places will follow. We will then all be a little thinner and happier for next year.
4) My team will not win the championship. Think about it. No matter what sport it is there are around 30 other teams trying to win. Odds are that my team isn’t going to win it. Sure, they will have a good record just to tease me and give me hope that this is going to be the year. One of them will wait until the last week of the season to fall apart and make me mad. Another may get into the playoffs only to be beaten by that hated rival of mine. You know who you are! But really, I won’t be lucky enough this year to have my team win it all. I’ll just have to wait until next year. Oh wait it is next year. Yeah, Go TEAM!
5) Another possibility is that a blue and a red state will become a purple state and politics will no longer divide them. Instead we will look at what America actually needs and work on those issues.
6) The world will not end. Yellowstone will not explode, a gigantic meteor will not hit the earth and the sun will not explode. Yes there will be disasters and people will say we are nearing the end, after all each day we are getting closer. But, it won’t be this year. We might have some group buying Nike’s, standing on mountains, or drinking poison. This might be their last year, but the world will keep spinning. There is, however, a strong possibility though that Martians may invade.
7) Some summer night this year, you won’t be able to get a song out of your head. It will make you want to shout. When you hear it, you’ll be like a dancing queen and you’ll put your hands up in the air, they are playing that song once again there you’ll go on your own singing a song about your baby’s back. Ok, do you really want to hurt me now? I guess I’ll just go get some ice baby and when you start singing it, call me….Maybe? Hammer time!
8) The gas problem will continue to plague us. But maybe we should get rid of Mexicans. After all if you eat a bean burrito you will truly have a gas problem. But the Mexicans will keep coming and we will continue to have those problems. Maybe we should mix the problems and see if Mexico wants to become the 51st state. Then the beans won’t be from Mexico, but from America. And we all know that if it is American made it must be good. Then the gas problem will go away. Maybe we can solve all the problems of the world like that. All we have to do is make everyone just like us.
9) The movie, Noah will have a flood, which ends in a rainbow. Can a movie about God have a rainbow in it? Noah will get confused about if he’s supposed to take 7 of the animals or 2. The unicorn will get left off and evolve into a narwhal. The sea water will go away and recede like my hair and people will go on with their lives, eating, drinking, and marrying just like they have for between 6,000 and 200,000 years.
Hope you have enjoyed your first day of the New Year and that this year will bring you many blessings and toilet paper.